As is happening with other threads, we’re in the process of cleaning up old tutorials in the attempt to make getting connected as easy and straightforward as possible. Toward that effort, we’re retiring the old tutorials that have a lot of old information that may just confuse people, but there's still a lot of useful information available within the old Android tutorial for those so interested.
We want to thank everyone involved in making the old Android connection tutorial, and also everyone who helped make the cryptofree tutorial (as that is what this guide is based off of). All of you are awesome.
Android Connection Tutorial (using OpenVPN for Android)
The following steps assumes you have obtained a token and have had it hashed. (The easiest method is to go HERE, but make sure the token field is cleared completely before pasting your token)
1. Download and install OpenVPN for Android from the Google Play Store (or elsewhere, if that’s what you’re in to).
2. Download a cryptostorm configuration file (for android) onto your device.
You can use any (or all) of the following configurations, but changes to settings (ie. step 7 below) will need to be done for each configuration you install
3. Open your OpenVPN for Android client, and click the folder icon in the upper-right corner of the window (an older version of OpenVPN for Andoid (such as that shown in the images in the cryptofree tutorial) had the icon in the bottom-right)
8. Back in the main window, select the configuration you installed and you should be asked for your username and password.
9. Enter your hashed token into the username field and enter anything as a password. Check the box to remember your password for future connects.
10. If all goes well you should be connected successfully. If you wish to disconnect, select the OpenVPN for Android icon from the top pulldown menu and you should see the following menu
If there are any questions or concerns, please post them here or email to our support channel: [email protected]
The official OpenVPN client requires different configuration file input, but if there are requests for such turorials we can definitely put one together
December 8, 2014 - Edited balancer config and tutorial to allow multiple connect commands
March 27, 2015 - Updated the Balancer configuration (so it works again) and also uploaded configurations for all other nodes