The latest configs are now at https://github.com/cryptostorm/cryptost ... tion_files
To make it easier for people, I've updated the attachments of this post to include the cryptofree configs from the GitHub repo above.
note: folks using Tunnelblick for the Mac/OSX will want to ensure they don't include the --log directives that are found in these default/Linux configuration files; we've a separate dedicated thread offering excellent information on connecting to cryptostorm with Tunnelblick, and all the data in that thread work for cryptofree just fine! Our thanks to @nickoutprintln for catching this & letting us know.
Here are the beta testing configuration settings for folks to use with the cryptofree service. A few notes:
- 1. Take a look at the pre-launch development thread if you're curious about the backstory and technical architecture of cryptofree.
2. The OpenVPN configuration files ("config") attached to this post will enable connections from Linux and Mac/OSX computers; with a bit of fiddling it'll work for Android, Unix, and most other platforms as well.
3. Yes, there's a Windows version of cryptofree - based around our client widget - to be released for beta testing shortly. We released the Linux/Mac side first in order to get early community feedback and guidance; no offence intended to our Windows friends!
4. Cryptofree's private networking service is identical to full cryptostorm service in all regards - cryptographic suites deployed, server-side configuration, source code edits, logging disablement, and so on - with only one exception: connection speeds per-session are capped at 256kb downstream & 128kb upstream.
5. Finally, when your client asks you for username/password during the network connection process, you can provide any value... so long as it's not a null character, i.e. nothing at all. Type "foo" or "blah" or whatever makes you happy - just don't type nothing ("nothing" is fine, however ;- ). This is a funky thing with OpenVPN itself, & we'll figure a clever workaround for the full production launch of cryptofree, but for now anything but [null] is a-ok.
Otherwise, please do share your experiences, feedback, and critique of the service so that we can learn and improve over time!
- ~ cryptostorm_team