Ξ welcome to cryptostorm's member forums ~ you don't have to be a cryptostorm member to post here Ξ
∞ take a peek at our legendary cryptostorm_is twitter feed if you're into that kind of thing ∞
Ξ we're rolling out voodoo network security across cryptostorm - big things happening, indeed! Ξ
Ξ any OpenVPN configs found on the forum are likely outdated. For the latest, visit GitHub Ξ
Ξ We've updated our CA certificate. All members need to be using the latest ones by Dec 22. See this page for more infoΞ

DesuStrike resigns from all froum duties

Freewheeling spot to chew the fat on anything cryptostorm-related that doesn't fit elsewhere (i.e. support, howto, &c.). Criticism & praise & brainstorming & requests for explanation... this is where it goes when it's hot & ready for action! :-)

Topic Author
DesuStrike
ForumHelper

DesuStrike resigns from all froum duties

Postby DesuStrike » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:41 pm

Dear CryptoStorm community,

today I filed my own resignation from my position as a forum helper and now I want to inform the community about it.
There are several personal issues I have to take care of which make it impassible for me to properly exercise this role.
Some of the shortcomings on this forum stem mostly from my lack of time and energy.

I know there hardly couldn't be a worse time to resign as the team is very busy right now but I'm at my limit. Maybe the extra work load finally showed me that I started lagging behind a long time ago.
Actually the workload isn't all that much but it's too much for me right now. A motivated person with some free time at hand could do this job easily.

I don't know if CryptoStorm plans to promote one or more community members to be the new forum helper(s). Nonetheless I suggested one or more people to them to be my successor.
We won't tell anybody who I suggested though. So don't ask. Neither I nor them will tell you. The fact that somebody was picked by CS also doesn't mean that I suggested them. So please don't try to make conclusions based on that.

I won't sign onto the forum after this post. Actually this account will be deleted. (Hint @ CS-Team!) So possible PMs won't be read by me.
My posts will stay as I wrote some HOWTOs and it would be bad if they are gone only because I'm gone.

I am very sorry that I have to take this step as I love CryptoStorm and I was very proud to be a small part of it.
I wish both the CryptoStorm Team and the community all the luck and success in the world. Together you can make this VPN even better than it already is. Always remember that by contributing to CS you not only help yourself but a lot of activists and other people that need protection around the world. CS is not a run off the mill "company" that strives for money and nothing else. To be honest I sometimes wonder if CS is even self sufficient or if some from the team pay for this project with their own money. Either way CS is run by people with high standard ideals in both HOW a VPN is properly run and WHY it is important to never betray a community member. These people have a dream they fight for and they do a damn good job while they are at it!

So support them! Help them so they can help you in return!
You can help in many ways: Money, Forum Helper, writing HOWTOs and stuff, helping other community members, reporting bugs and contacting support@cryptostorm.is if something is out of order.

Maybe I'll come back one day. Maybe not. But if I do you better made this VPN the damn most successful one the internet has ever seen! :P
Either way I will always be among you as I obviously will continue using CrypoStorm. There is no alternative! Always remember that!

Last melancholy cheers,
~DesuStrike
home is where the artillery hits

parityboy
Site Admin

Re: DesuStrike resigns from all froum duties

Postby parityboy » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:55 am

Always sad to see a valued member go. Here's hoping you conquer your issues and return to us in some shape or form. Keep your account though even if it's just locked. :)

Graze

Postby Graze » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:14 am

Indeed, it will be a big very hole you leave, Desu, and let me thank you for all you have done. You have definitely helped massively as we have clawed our way out of the VPN muck. :)

Please know that the door is always open if your situation changes in the future, and even if you just pop in once a week or month or whatever, your input and awesome attitude will always be welcome!

All the best!
G
------------------------
My avatar is pretty much what I look like. ;) <-- ...actually true, says pj
WebMonkey, Foilhat, cstorm evangelnomitron.
Twitter: @grazestorm.
For any time sensitive help requests, best to email the fine bots in support@cryptostorm.is or via Bitmessage at BM-NBjJaLNBwWiwZeQF5BMLYqarawbgycwJ ;)

cryptostorm_support
ForumHelper

Postby cryptostorm_support » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:45 am

I need to echo the sentiments expressed by Graze and parityboy that your presence, input, and insight will be sorely missed, DesuStrike. You've done a lot for the community and individual users and it's all immensely appreciated, but your reasons are also understood. Please, feel free to stop by whenever you've got the time as it'll be great to see you wandering these proverbial halls again, even for a little while.

I wish you nothing but the absolute best in wherever your endeavors take you. Good luck, and take care.
cryptostorm_support shared support team forum account
PLEASE DON'T SEND PRIVATE MESSAGES with support questions!
--> feel free to use any of our other contact channels, or post in the support forum
cryptostorm: structurally anonymous, token-based, unlimited ☂ bandwidth, opensource, darknet data security for everyone!
keybase.io validatorsonename.io validatorsPGP key @ MITnetwork statuscryptostorm github
support team bitmessage address: BM-2cTMH8K5JnjbfSALjZtSkRWCLfc3Tr8GBV
support team email: support@cryptostorm.is
live chat support: #cryptostorm

vpnDarknet

Postby vpnDarknet » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:08 pm

Sorry to hear you're leaving man,
For n00b to this space your threads have helped me past techy frustrations and provoked thought on themes that I would have never considered.
Kia kaha bro, and best of luck
Buy your tokens via vpnDark.net and cryptostorm cannot and does not know anything about users - no link between a token & purchase details
Unofficial Wiki cryptostorm access guide
Ways to talk to me

Tealc
ForumHelper

Postby Tealc » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:51 pm

I'm really sorry to see you go, sometimes, especially in the "OpenVPN config topic" I though that we where the only ones here in the forum :-D
I've loved the several debates about the configuration files and it's options, loved that I've found a way to put the configuration file up and working with no errors in the log's, and managed to do an auto-login feature with one single file :-D

Sorry to see you go, but I do understand your choice, and I think it's better to quit gracefully them to leave everything "die" and them quit.

Hope to see you soon

Tealc

grystch

Postby grystch » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:14 am

Sorry to see this today. Best wishes to you DesuStrike and hope all will work out for the best for you.

Graze

Postby Graze » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:16 am

Tealc wrote:I'm really sorry to see you go, sometimes, especially in the "OpenVPN config topic" I though that we where the only ones here in the forum :-D
I've loved the several debates about the configuration files and it's options, loved that I've found a way to put the configuration file up and working with no errors in the log's, and managed to do an auto-login feature with one single file :-D

Sorry to see you go, but I do understand your choice, and I think it's better to quit gracefully them to leave everything "die" and them quit.

Hope to see you soon

Tealc

You know, it's hard to understate the amount of value that people like Desu, you, and all the other people who are working hard to make a difference have actually done here. I wrote a whole bunch of other stuff that was really over the top, but I deleted it all and replaced it with this:

Thank you. Without the help of everyone here, there would be no progress against the All Seeing Eye.

We'll keep iterating over this until it's so easy our grandmothers can click on some icon and know that no-one but their grandchildren will hear their voice. That will be sweet victory.

Sounds over-the-top, but that's what we're all building here. :)
------------------------
My avatar is pretty much what I look like. ;) <-- ...actually true, says pj
WebMonkey, Foilhat, cstorm evangelnomitron.
Twitter: @grazestorm.
For any time sensitive help requests, best to email the fine bots in support@cryptostorm.is or via Bitmessage at BM-NBjJaLNBwWiwZeQF5BMLYqarawbgycwJ ;)

jlg

Postby jlg » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:00 pm

We only wish you all the best Desu. Take care & safe travels.

--Privat

Operandi

Postby Operandi » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:42 am

How come I'm reading that just now?..

It may be half a year too late to be saying this, but I'll do it anyway: thanks for your hard work, DesuStrike.

glhf

cryptostorm_team
ForumHelper

Postby cryptostorm_team » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:14 am

I'm sure these words have been offered privately by numerous members of the cryptostorm team, but we did want to reiterate - publicly - our deepest gratitude for everything DS has contributed to this project since its earliest days. Loyalty begets loyalty, and he has earned our genuinely loyalty... and then some.

Stay safe and strong out there, friend.

Cheers,

~ cryptostorm_team

Return to “general chat, suggestions, industry news”