Ξ welcome to cryptostorm's member forums ~ you don't have to be a cryptostorm member to post here Ξ
Ξ any OpenVPN configs found on the forum are likely outdated. For the latest, visit here or GitHub Ξ
Ξ If you're looking for tutorials/guides, check out the new https://cryptostorm.is/#section6 Ξ

notification on topic reply

Freewheeling spot to chew the fat on anything cryptostorm-related that doesn't fit elsewhere (i.e. support, howto, &c.). Criticism & praise & brainstorming & requests for explanation... this is where it goes when it's hot & ready for action! :-)

Topic Author
spotshot

notification on topic reply

Postby spotshot » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:00 am

I have not been able to get notifications when topics I'm watching get a reply,
all settings are default, nothing has been changed.
since no forum I haven't been able to get notification.

Graze

Re: notification on topic reply

Postby Graze » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:36 pm

I suspect this an artefact of the current style we're using. It's not fully tested for the production version of phpBB, and we've sort of shoehorned it into production but there's lots of smaller features that aren't working well. As time allows, we make minor source tweaks to fix those... but as anyone who has run phpBB knows, that's somewhat of a losing battle over time.

If you - or anyone else - wanted to recommend a style from one of the style database websites out there that's validated for the most current release of phpBB, we'd be happy to shift over to the new style. It's on our list to do, internally, but during the launch and widget deployment it's not the top of the priority queue unfortunately. But, if someone finds a good style, we can roll over to that with very little tech admin time required - and thus fix lots of small annoying bugs here in the forum at the same time.

Thanks! :-)
------------------------
My avatar is pretty much what I look like. ;) <-- ...actually true, says pj
WebMonkey, Foilhat, cstorm evangelnomitron.
Twitter: @grazestorm.
For any time sensitive help requests, best to email the fine bots in support@cryptostorm.is or via Bitmessage at BM-NBjJaLNBwWiwZeQF5BMLYqarawbgycwJ ;)

dildargee1

Postby dildargee1 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:12 am

Yeah, right! Either you are a badly prepared scammer, a snob, or your company doesn't get even the most basic security measures right. I wouldn't do business with your company even if it was the last one left on this planet.
Our excellent online ccna security trainingtraining programs will lead you to success in the We als offer latest and 200-120 - pass-4-sure with 100% success guarantee. Our security plus practice exam is rare in IT world.

marzametal

Postby marzametal » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:27 pm

I only get notifications if my post was quoted... otherwise I use the drop down choices via Quick Links...

Pattern_Juggled

Postby Pattern_Juggled » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:33 pm

dildargee1 wrote:Yeah, right! Either you are a badly prepared scammer, a snob, or your company doesn't get even the most basic security measures right. I wouldn't do business with your company even if it was the last one left on this planet.

Well, ok - this is an interesting reply but I'm not sure I understand exactly what your criticism is.

We may well not even "get the most basic security measures right" - anything's possible, in this world - but it's not clear how "notification on topic reply" functionality relates to security measures.

Perhaps you can elaborate?

Cheers,

~ pj
...just a scatterbrained network topologist & crypto systems architect……… ҉҉҉

✨ ✨ ✨
pj@ðëëþ.bekeybase pgpmit pgpðørkßöt-on-consolegit 'er github
bitmessage:
BM-NBBqTcefbdgjCyQpAKFGKw9udBZzDr7f

Pattern_Juggled

Postby Pattern_Juggled » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:40 pm

marzametal wrote:I only get notifications if my post was quoted... otherwise I use the drop down choices via Quick Links...

As Graze said, I get the sense that some of the fine-grained polishing of the UI on the new phpbb version is still a work in progress. For example, I looked far and wide for the RSS feed functionality we used to have... and it appears to be "stubbed" in the current build, but not yet functional.

Fair enough; the backend re-architecting of this version is substantial, and enormously positive in terms of fixing all sorts of creaky, non-ideal architectural elements of earlier phpbb builds. I'm glad they focussed on shoring up the core engine, and are now able to build on a solid backend as they re-enable these sorts of front-side capabilities.

As there's much evolution going on, I really do encourage folks curious to take a look over at the phpbb site, and raise a flag if a new feature (or extension) for the forum is ready for us to test out and deploy. Nobody on the team does forum stuff full-time, and I doubt any of us visit to check in on cool new things more than every month or three... so we can easily miss nice new features sitting there waiting to be deployed. A poke that something's ready for us to look at helps ensure that doesn't happen, and we're glad to enable such things fast-track if they are in demand here.

Cheers,

~ pj

edited to add: played hookie from "real work" for a bit, and installed some newly-published forum extensions - most seem quite nice, so far. Note there's also some really nice release candidate forum styles now available. If any catch the eye, let us know and we can install as test options, no problem.
...just a scatterbrained network topologist & crypto systems architect……… ҉҉҉

✨ ✨ ✨
pj@ðëëþ.bekeybase pgpmit pgpðørkßöt-on-consolegit 'er github
bitmessage:
BM-NBBqTcefbdgjCyQpAKFGKw9udBZzDr7f

cryptostorm_admin
ForumHelper

dildargee1

Postby cryptostorm_admin » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:25 pm

dildargee1 wrote:Yeah, right! Either you are a badly prepared scammer, a snob, or your company doesn't get even the most basic security measures right. I wouldn't do business with your company even if it was the last one left on this planet.

For the record, this is apparently a spambot - or at least a human who has managed to convince alot of systems s/he is a bot.

~ cs admin
cryptostorm_admin - a mostly-shared, admin team forum account (sort of a person, but also shared)
PLEASE DON'T SEND PRIVATE MESSAGES to this account, as we can't guarantee quick replies!
--> feel free to use any of our other contact channels, or post in the support forum
cryptostorm: structurally anonymous, token-based, unlimited ☂ bandwidth, opensource, darknet data security for everyone!
keybase.io validatorsonename.io validatorsPGP key @ MITnetwork statuscryptostorm github
support team bitmessage address: BM-NBjJaLNBwWiwZeQF5BMLYqarawbgycwJ
support team email: support@cryptostorm.is
live chat support: #cryptostorm

DesuStrike
ForumHelper

Postby DesuStrike » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:58 pm

The second I know for sure he is a bot and not human...
hammertime-o.gif
hammertime-o.gif (3.27 MiB) Viewed 11459 times
http://youtu.be/otCpCn0l4Wo?t=1m55s
home is where the artillery hits

marzametal

Postby marzametal » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:19 am

Didn't want to create another thread just for this... so I post here...
The hotlinked image at the top right of the forum for CHAT is missing...

I feel lonely :(

{This way please... ~DesuStrike}

Return to “general chat, suggestions, industry news”