Ξ welcome to cryptostorm's member forums ~ you don't have to be a cryptostorm member to post here Ξ
Ξ any OpenVPN configs found on the forum are likely outdated. For the latest, visit here or GitHub Ξ
Ξ If you're looking for tutorials/guides, check out the new https://cryptostorm.is/#section6 Ξ

HOWTO: buying access tokens w/ bitcoins

This subforum is both a place to find & discuss independent cryptostorm token resellers, as well as to discuss cryptocoin related topics such as buying bitcoins, altcoins such as darkcoins and dogecoins, "tumbling" coins, theoretical/mathematical topics, etc.

Topic Author
cryptostorm_team
ForumHelper

HOWTO: buying access tokens w/ bitcoins

Postby cryptostorm_team » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:34 pm

EDIT: Bitcoin payments are accepted on the main page, https://cryptostorm.is/#section5 and have been for a long time.
This post was originally from 2013, so anything in the thread is likely outdated.
cryptostorm_team - a shared, team-wide forum account (not a person)
PLEASE DON'T SEND PRIVATE MESSAGES to this account, as we can't guarantee quick replies!
--> feel free to use any of our other contact channels, or post in the support forum
cryptostorm: structurally anonymous, token-based, unlimited ☂ bandwidth, opensource, darknet data security for everyone!
keybase.io validatorsonename.io validatorsPGP key @ MITnetwork statuscryptostorm github
support team bitmessage address: BM-2cTMH8K5JnjbfSALjZtSkRWCLfc3Tr8GBV
support team email: support@cryptostorm.is
live chat support: #cryptostorm

Topic Author
cryptostorm_team
ForumHelper

coinbase.com

Postby cryptostorm_team » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:35 pm

An obvious question for folks new to bitcoins is: how do I acquire bitcoins with conventional currencies?

That question opens up to a constellation of interesting options, and we certainly look forward to suggestions and experiences shared by the community, over time.

For now, a good place to start is coinbase.com. It strikes a nice balance between ease of use for newer folks, and a robust integration with the philosophical foundations of the bitcoin economy.

Naturally, if one purchases bitcoins with a creditcard - from coinbase or anywhere else - it's entirely possible for that purchase to link real-life identity to the newly-acquired coins. Which might not be ideal, in terms of anonymity protection. To resolve this, the use of "tumblers" is quite successful. Information on tumblers - and much else bitcoin related - can be found at bitcointalk.

~ cryptostorm_team
cryptostorm_team - a shared, team-wide forum account (not a person)
PLEASE DON'T SEND PRIVATE MESSAGES to this account, as we can't guarantee quick replies!
--> feel free to use any of our other contact channels, or post in the support forum
cryptostorm: structurally anonymous, token-based, unlimited ☂ bandwidth, opensource, darknet data security for everyone!
keybase.io validatorsonename.io validatorsPGP key @ MITnetwork statuscryptostorm github

Re: HOWTO: buying access tokens w/ bitcoins

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:35 am

I just used sos.ph to buy a token with BTC. I used bitmessage for the process and I am thrilled with the level of anonymity Cryptostorm has provided via tokens and resellers.

cryptostorm_support
ForumHelper

Postby cryptostorm_support » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:10 am

Guest wrote:I just used sos.ph to buy a token with BTC. I used bitmessage for the process and I am thrilled with the level of anonymity Cryptostorm has provided via tokens and resellers.

Glad to hear it's working out well - we've got good feedback on the folks at sos.ph from everyone purchasing from them so far.

Our goal (well, one of them) in 2014 is to move as much token purchase volume to resellers as we possibly can - it's a more structurally secure model, and so long as we make the process smooth and efficient for network members, there's no reason folks should be purchasing tokens directly from cryptostorm at all.

Best regards,

~ cryptostorm_support
cryptostorm_support shared support team forum account
PLEASE DON'T SEND PRIVATE MESSAGES with support questions!

DesuStrike
ForumHelper

Postby DesuStrike » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:34 am

I love to see that resells are going stronger from day to day. This is very important and I strongly support this!

Still there is one issue left that must be fixed before resellers can be at par with direct token purchases issued by CryptoStorm: An offer that supplies users with multiple devices with enough tokens so they don't need to pay n times the price.

It's a hard nut to crack but when it's done resellers will profit greatly from that, making direct CryptoStorm purchases obsolete! :)
home is where the artillery hits

privangle

Novices questions about bitcoins

Postby privangle » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:22 pm

P.S. Sorry, I wanted to write the post in the thread of "howto: buying access tokens with bitcoins", I failed.

Hi there !

I'm reading for days about bitcoins, what it is, how it works and how to get them, the different clients
to administrate them etc. and I am going to understand. My impression is that "understanding" is also
to get used to the ideas, the concept, the new words, the software.

Nevertheless I stay with some questions.

Well, I took a look on bitcoin sellers I found in the forum here
but I perhaps prefere bitstamp.net. They have an adress in UK and the process of opening
and verifying an account seems rather simple. First I thought about bitcoin.de but I don't like their
verifying process, and beeing in Germany, there hosting server seems to be in the USA. :thumbdown:
(Well one can say that UK and USA is almost the same concerning the privacy ...)
There are other sellers placed in Europe but if they have their servers in US, it is not
very trustful at some point of view everybody here understands. Well...

Every bitcoin market ask the identity of the new customer and some informations in the verifying procedure.
Identity papers, home adress and a document to proove the correctness of these informations.
I don't have a problem with that, I only don't want to open an account in the US.

I thought to make the following procedure :

Open an account on some bitcoin market site.
Make a SEPA transfer from my bank account.

Send the bought mBTC to myself, to one of the adresses I have in my bitcoin client (Electrum for example;
I don't wanna have the 13 Giga chainfile on my harddisk).

Then, with another bitcoin adress, I could buy a token to access the cryptostorm service.

The bitcoin market I chose knows my identity, adress and so on, but they don't know to whom I send
the mBTC I bought. I even could re-transfere the mBTC or a part of them to myself to another adress
I generated in my bitcoin client and then pay cryptostorm.

Does this procedure make sense to make it at least more difficult to go back the chain of payments
to find my identity ?
As I understood, everybody can see all the payments in the chainblock, but these are only numbers,
so it should be not as easy to find the identities behind.

Is this right or am I completely wrong ?

Because if my identity can very easily be found even if I pay with bitcoins I bought officially on a
bitcoin market it's perhaps more easy to buy an acces token directly with paypal.

Could someone be so kind and clarify my questions ?

Thank you !

jlg

Postby jlg » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:30 pm

I will happily take your Bitcoin too in payment for tokens :-P

BMwannabebuyer

Postby BMwannabebuyer » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:25 am

Hello:

I sent an inquiry re: buying a year token for BTC to the BM address in the cryptostorm group signature, but haven't heard back yet...

Let me know please

Thanks!

Fermi
Site Admin

Postby Fermi » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:15 pm

BMwannabebuyer,

I don't think the BM is very often used ... .
You can send an encrypted or unencrypted mail to support@cryptostorm.is.
Or pop in on IRC.

In the mean time I'll talk to df about the BM mailbox.

Regards,

/fermi

Return to “independent cryptostorm token resellers, & tokens 101”