Ξ welcome to cryptostorm's member forums ~ you don't have to be a cryptostorm member to post here Ξ
∞ take a peek at our legendary cryptostorm_is twitter feed if you're into that kind of thing ∞
Ξ we're rolling out voodoo network security across cryptostorm - big things happening, indeed! Ξ
Ξ any OpenVPN configs found on the forum are likely outdated. For the latest, visit GitHub Ξ

Tealc's News (Project Closed)

Looking for a bit more than customer support, and want to learn more about what cryptostorm is , what we've been announcing lately, and how the cryptostorm network makes the magic? This is a great place to start, so make yourself at home!

Topic Author
Tealc
ForumHelper

Tealc's News (Project Closed)

Postby Tealc » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:14 am

Has you all know I've sold my share of routers with direct access to CS, unfortunately I soon realize that the routers weren't powerful enough to sustain all of CS fantastic bandwidth, so with this in mind:

I would like to present my new "baby":

Tealc's Network Switch

To summarize everything, this will stand between your ISP modem/router and your normal wifi router.

Currently there are only 2 of them, 1 with me, and another in Mainland China, but what is this anyway?

CPU: AMD G series T40E, 1 GHz dual Bobcat core with 64 bit support, 32K data + 32K instruction + 512K L2 cache per core
DRAM: 4 GB DDR3-1066 DRAM
Storage: M-Sata 16GB MLC, Phison S9 controller
Power: 12V DC, about 6 to 12W depending on CPU load
Connectivity: 3 Gigabit Ethernet channels (Realtek RTL8111E)
I/O: DB9 serial port, 2 USB external + 2 internal, three front panel LEDs
Expansion: 2 miniPCI express (one with SIM socket), LPC bus, GPIO header, I2C bus, COM2 (3.3V RXD / TXD)
Board size: 6 x 6" (152.4 x 152.4 mm) - same as ALIX.2D13 and WRAP.1E
Cooling: Conductive cooling from the CPU and south bridge to the enclosure using a 3 mm alu heat spreader
BIOS: CoreBoot, open source
apu1d.pdf
(369.5 KiB) Downloaded 468 times

Current price is set at 150USD + shipping, with 1 year token and tech support (this price will be a limited time offer), currently this is on demand only!

apu1c1-650x488.jpg

case1d2blku2-650x488.jpg

DesuStrike
ForumHelper

Re: Tealc's News

Postby DesuStrike » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:14 am

It's situations like these when I'm sad that I'm not gay because I fucking love you Taelc! (wtf am I talking?! :D)

I knew the router was not up to the task but this looks like it could handle connections up to 50MBit/s (at least according to my own experiments with different hardware).

Stupid idea here: I don't want to steal this from somebody else who dearly needs a setup like this but I'd like to hit you up with a small thank you donation. (especially because df and pj still ignore my donation requests. :evil: ) I still owe you somehow anyway. :thumbup:

Contact me via private message if you are not shy to accept.
home is where the artillery hits

dfkt
Site Admin

Postby dfkt » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:15 pm

Could this be... the fabled StormRouter? :^) (Yeah, even better, it's a switch, so - StormSwitch?)

Methinks mewants - badly!

parib

Postby parib » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:13 am

Wow, very very interesting. I want to buy it and test it against my two asus routers. Do you send to europe? I wanted to buy this thing a few months ago but thought, that it could be very complicated to setup pfsense. Have you made some speedtests with openvpn? With my RT-AC68 I get with CryptoStorm about 36 MBit.

Topic Author
Tealc
ForumHelper

Postby Tealc » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:18 am

@dfkt

This is actually a very good product I have to say that I'm surprised about it's performance, not so much about the eat it produces (really need to try a aluminum case or put a fan in there), if you want one you will need to get in line, I currently have 5 orders, I'm making one at a time, since this involves a lot of work and patience.

@parib

Honestly, with my naked connection, ISP Modem <--> PC by Ethernet cable, I usually get 98.75Mbps at speedtest.net with ISP Modem <--> Network Switch <--> PC by Ethernet cable, I usually get 90.40Mbps when connected to CH node.
I had a WDR3600 that made 40Mbps with cable, so this is a big improvement and it looks like a TV Box, nobody says it's a router, ah and btw Pfsense rules :-D
Of course I will send this to Europe, actually anywhere in the world, there is one in China.
You need to know that I'm sending this from Switzerland so normally Customs will make you pay Import Duties, the declared value is 100EUROS and always "Gift"

I will be setting up a order from to reflect the pre-order process, stay tuned to this topic

bahhblahblah

Postby bahhblahblah » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:55 pm

That is an awesome setup Tealc!
Tiny Core Linux v6.4 + pfsense v2.2.4 + CoreBoot= Ohh, the sexyness!
PFsense does indeed rock. Makes me wish I hadn't just built my own mini-itx router :/ Might have to buy one anyway, and re-purpose the one I made.

Think you could get hardened OPNsense on this? Any thoughts on that VS tiny core?
https://hardenedbsd.org/article/shawn-w ... ardenedbsd
https://wiki.opnsense.org/index.php/HardenedBSD

Topic Author
Tealc
ForumHelper

Postby Tealc » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:31 pm

@bahhblahblah

That does seems sexy, never heard of the OPNSense Images With HardenedBSD, I'm going to check that out :-D

waughd

Postby waughd » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:53 am

Good Idea
looking to use to secure one VLAN so anything on it is on CS
Any progress re ordering
Or should I say how can I order one for shipping to OZ (Australia)

marzametal

Postby marzametal » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:24 am

I second that motion...

fsadfsdfsdf

Postby fsadfsdfsdf » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:07 pm

thought i'd like to drop-by and say you both are doing a great job!

thnx tealc & vpndark!

Topic Author
Tealc
ForumHelper

Postby Tealc » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:14 pm

This project is closed!
---------------------------

Thank you very much to the 10 people that bought this product, and specially to the 3 first ones that tested the "security" of it.

I'm sorry to have to canceled it but it just wasn't profitable enough (for the must part I lost money), because shipping and customs were a pain in the ass, one particular order I got a letter from US Customs saying that this product was considered illegal in the "Land of the brave" since it wasn't FCC approved!

For anyone interested in the project, it did worked very well, no major problems, and Matthew Green got to test one from a friend of mine for a week and told him this was a "Small wonder of security for the average user".

So I encourage anyone to build your own "router/switcher", I'm going to build a "How-TO guide" for this device.

Thank you, once again,

Tealc

Return to “cryptostorm in-depth: announcements, how it works, what it is”