Ξ welcome to cryptostorm's member forums ~ you don't have to be a cryptostorm member to post here Ξ
Ξ any OpenVPN configs found on the forum are likely outdated. For the latest, visit here or GitHub Ξ
Ξ If you're looking for tutorials/guides, check out the new https://cryptostorm.is/#section6 Ξ

Please...I need a response :(

Looking for assistance with a cryptostorm connection issue? Post here & we'll help out. Also: if you're not sure where to post, do so here & we'll move things around as needed. Also: for quickest support, email our oddly calm & easygoing support reps at support@cryptostorm.is :)

Topic Author
kelltech

Please...I need a response :(

Postby kelltech » Tue May 20, 2014 12:10 pm

I understand how buried support staff must be, dealing with support requests and getting the 1.0 client ready, which is awesome by the way. However, I've emailed support no less than 3 times and it has been over a month and I have yet to receive a response.

In March, someone from support told me to let them know when I buy a token as we were working out acquiring additional tokens. Now I have 5 days until my and my daughters tokens expire and I already bought my wife a one year token thinking I would hear back from support. Now it's decision time. I need to know if Cryptotorm will work with us or will I have to begin the hunt for something else all over again? Not at all what I want to do, I absolutely do not want to drop Cryptostorm but I absolutely must have a secure online presence given our current location.

Please... someone connect with me so I can get an answer.

cryptostorm_support
ForumHelper

Re: Please...I need a response :(

Postby cryptostorm_support » Tue May 20, 2014 11:31 pm

Unfortunately we've been having a bit of a problem lately with our messages being shoved into our recipient's spam folder, so please check there for me quickly. If you also could, please send one more message to our support email so I can link everything up with the past conversations (given the information you provided here I think I have yours pinpointed, but it would make our last reply to you on May 3rd and no further messages have come in).

Thanks.
cryptostorm_support shared support team forum account
PLEASE DON'T SEND PRIVATE MESSAGES with support questions!
--> feel free to use any of our other contact channels, or post in the support forum
cryptostorm: structurally anonymous, token-based, unlimited ☂ bandwidth, opensource, darknet data security for everyone!
keybase.io validatorsonename.io validatorsPGP key @ MITnetwork statuscryptostorm github
support team bitmessage address: BM-2cTMH8K5JnjbfSALjZtSkRWCLfc3Tr8GBV
support team email: support@cryptostorm.is
live chat support: #cryptostorm

Topic Author
kelltech

Postby kelltech » Wed May 21, 2014 12:25 am

Thank you for your reply. I sent a message just now, just forwarded my last one. I did learn a little earlier my email provider moved all servers at some point over the last month. Nothing at all in my spam folder, so I wonder if their move swallowed some of my incoming emails :/

Postby Guest » Wed May 21, 2014 5:36 pm

Hey Kelltech,

I hope I don't disturb your conversation here but let me tell you I understand your frustration but don't let this make you move on to somebody else.
There might be some unfortunate events that piled up in your case but this is not the usual procedure here.

In general I'm actually in a pretty similar situation like yours even though mine is not dangerous like yours seems to be: I use this VPN to not only protect myself but also family members that don't know about computers too much. So this thing must work like this: 1 time setup, everything automated and then flawless functionallity 24/7. I can only speak for Cantus but this exit point works like a charme with great speeds and minimum latency.

If you are in a kinda dangerous situation and use linux I recommend looking for the "leakblock" threads around here. It's very important that connections stay safe even if the VPN drops unexpectedly!

Let me say: If you need a VPN you can trust on you pretty much have no other choice but CryptoStorm right now. I really honestly mean it! If you are in danger and need this VPN to protect your family: DON'T GO ANYWHERE ELSE!
I know I can't give you any solid proof why you should trust me but if you do some research you will quickly realize that other VPNs snitched on their customers in the past for simple stuff like copyright infringements (PIA / Hide my Ass) while other VPNs have obscure moral standards that say they will protect you unless they find your doings morally wrong (IPredator). Not to mention that most VPNs out there use inferior encryption, wrong configured exit servers and also collect tons of user data at the registration process. Some even run wireshark on their exit points for "technical purposes". Yeah right....

So again, because I take it very seriously if somebody says he needs a VPN for real world security threats, especially if family is involved: Work this out with customer support! They will help you I guarantee it! I saw not one instance where they let somebody in need down. Never! If all fails they will provide at least a temporary solution for you!

PS: If all fails please shout again here on the forums and I will approach you via PM with contact data. I will arrange something for you via my private stack. But honestly I don't think it will be necessary. The guys running CryptoStorm are really awesome people!

Topic Author
kelltech

Postby kelltech » Fri May 23, 2014 11:36 pm

Guest: Thank you for your supportive words and for your kind offer. I must agree with you on every point: first, there is no alternative to CryptoStorm. Not one. Second, the CryptoStorm team is unmatched in terms of their devotion to privacy and security and their uncanny ability to just do things right. I hope someone reads this who is sitting on the fence over whether or not to partner up with CryptoStorm. I would say to them if you're searching for a perfect VPN provider, stop because there aren't any. But if you want want a VPN provider who just does the right thing then you found it here.

CryptoStorm team: thank you for your service and for your commitment to doing security right. You're going to change the face of security and I hope to be a part of that every step of the way. To your success!

By the way... in 2 full months of CryptoStorm service, I have not had one single disconnect. That's just unreal! :thumbup:

Return to “member support & tech assistance”