Ξ welcome to cryptostorm's member forums ~ you don't have to be a cryptostorm member to post here Ξ
Ξ any OpenVPN configs found on the forum are likely outdated. For the latest, visit here or GitHub Ξ
Ξ If you're looking for tutorials/guides, check out the new https://cryptostorm.is/#section6 Ξ

Had things worked out differently

Spam goes here

Topic Author
laiyongcai92

Had things worked out differently

Post by laiyongcai92 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:13 pm

BOSTON — http://www.yankeesfanproshop.com/authen ... uth-jersey , Noah Syndergaard would be pitching four or five times a season against the Boston Red Sox.But on Dec. 12, 2012, the Toronto Blue Jays, in the American League East with Boston, included the former first-round draft pick in a mega deal to the New York Mets that brought defending Cy Young Award winner R.A. Dickey to Canada.Friday night, Syndergaard makes the second appearance of his major league career against Boston when he tries to cool off the sizzling Red Sox in the opener of a three-game series at Fenway Park.Article continues below ...Thursday night, the Red Sox finished off a three-game sweep of Syndergaard’s old team with a 4-3 win at Fenway, Boston’s 101st victory of this special season. They reduced their magic number for clinching the East to six over (the New York Yankees were idle Thursday).The Red Sox, who finished 15-4 against Toronto, are 101-46 and need just five wins in their last 15 games to break the franchise record for victories.J.D. Martinez hit his 41st homer and Craig Kimbrel earned his 40th save Thursday, making him the fourth pitcher with five 40-save seasons.Hector Velazquez, who has been an invaluable utility man on the Boston pitching staff, makes his eighth start of the season for the Red Sox. He is 2-2 with a 4.00 ERA as a starter, 7-2 with a 3.29 overall.In Syndergaard’s last start Lou Gehrig Jersey , he was hit in the ribs with a line drive to cap a game that saw him allow 12 hits and four runs while walking five and raising his record to 11-3 (3.44 ERA). The start before that, he pitched the first complete game of his career, a two-hitter with 11 strikeouts at San Francisco.He is 3-0 in his last four starts and brings a 4-3 record and 4.45 interleague ERA into the game.The Red Sox have reached the 100-win mark for only the fourth time in their history — the first time since 1946 (1912 and ’15 were the others). The first three such seasons were in 154 games and this year’s team got No. 100 in its 146th game.Before Thursday’s game, manager Alex Cora, addressing the uncertainty of his bullpen setting up Kimbrel, said he may well use a group effort in the postseason.“No, I think we need versatility, guys that can match up with whoever we’re facing,” he said. “Fastballs up, breaking balls, slider, I think that’s the most important thing. You guys saw earlier in the season how we’re going with Joe (Kelly) and (Matt) Barnesy, and now that things are going this way, you see it with (Bobby) Poyner getting switch-hitters out and lefties.“You see (Ryan) Brasier coming in in the sixth inning or pitch in the eighth. It’s about who can get people out and how can we match up with whoever we play. That’s the most important thing. Obviously http://www.yankeesfanproshop.com/authen ... gio-jersey , those decisions will happen before we play (the American League Wild Card Game) or we play the Division Series. We’ll look at the matchups we like and the matchups we can exploit and we can go from there.”Boston opens a six-game New York/New York run this weekend — the Mets in for three before the Red Sox visit the Yankees for three next week. They could clinch the division on the field of their main rivals.The Mets come in with a three-game winning streak, including a double-header sweep of the Miami Marlins Thursday — on the day the emotional Mets captain David Wright met the media to essentially discuss the end of his career.Wright, who hasn’t played in a game since 2016, will be activated Sept. 25 for the final Mets homestand and then start against the Marlins on the 29th. Retirement is almost certain after that because of his numerous physical problems.“The way I feel right now and from everything the doctors have told me, there’s not going to be an improvement,” Wright said when asked if he could play again next season. “So, yeah, I don’t see that as a possibility.”Sunday’s game is set as a matchup of Chris Sale and Jacob deGrom. But Sale is slated to pitch a maximum of just three innings as he works his way back from shoulder inflammation. deGrom is the favorite to win the National League Cy Young despite his 8-9 record (1.71 ERA and little offensive support), while Sale was on track to win his first Cy in the American League before getting hurt — twice.Eduardo Nunez suffered a sore right knee Thursday and is considered day to day. He will not play for Boston Friday night. LOS ANGELES (AP) — Palm trees! Shorts! Sunglasses!While the World Series isn’t quite a trip to the beach, the Boston Red Sox anticipate staying hot in balmy California, and the Los Angeles Dodgers hope a warm welcome will help them reverse a 2-0 deficit.“I think the climate is a little different,” Dodgers manager Dave Roberts deadpanned Thursday. “There’s a familiarity, obviously, for us. There’s been a lot of talk of outfield depth; we’re very familiar with the ballpark.”Walker Buehler Mickey Mantle Jersey , a 24-year-old rookie right-hander, will be the center of attention when he starts Game 3 for the Dodgers in Friday’s late-afternoon twilight against Rick Porcello. Not so Wednesday, when Buehler flew home from Boston ahead of his team and went unrecognized.He missed a 4-2 win by the Red Sox at Fenway Park that opened a 2-0 Series lead. The Dodgers once again looked off-kilter in the cold of autumn in New England.“We actually took off like 30 minutes before the first pitch and landed about 30 minutes before the last out,” he said.Los Angeles traveled Thursday, deciding to get a full night’s sleep in a Boston hotel rather than flop on flat-bed airplane seats while cruising cross-country through the night. Boston’s players spent the night at home, then jetted west.Porcello went straight from the charter to Dodger Stadium, GQ ready in a dark suit, dress shirt and violet necktie.“I actually have it buttoned up because I have a stain on my white shirt,” he said. “I’ve been walking around Dodger Stadium with this thing snug, so nobody could see that. It’s not as good as it looks right now. I’m hiding everything.”Boston burst ahead in the Series at its 106-year-old ballpark, defined by the 37-foot Green Monster in left, the triangle in center, the Pesky Pole in right and the Citgo sign beyond. The Red Sox thrived in the chilly, damp nights. The Dodgers bundled up and tried to endure.Now Los Angeles is back in its own elements. The yellow http://www.yankeesfanproshop.com/authen ... rra-jersey , light orange, turquoise and sky blue seats looked like 55,000 or so dominoes lined up, the San Gabriel Mountains shimmering beyond the hexagonal video boards and the parking lots. While there were no formal workouts by either team, a few Dodgers played catch in left field.“You get on the road and things can be a little quirky,” Buehler said. “I would think that most people would be better at their home ballpark and to have their home crowd behind them. And we expect them to be out and loud tomorrow.”With the shift to the National League, the designated hitter vanishes. Boston manager Alex Cora must decide whether to insert J.D. Martinez into an outfield corner to keep the major league RBI leader in the batting order. He ruled out shifting Mookie Betts from right field to second base to create room.Martinez is playing with a sore right ankle after slipping while rounding second base in the opener.“Actually he felt better today walking around,” Cora said. “He got treatment on the way here. He’s going to get treatment tomorrow. He’ll get treatment tomorrow morning. In the afternoon we’ll make a decision.”After starting the first all right-handed-hitting lineup (with no switch-hitters) in Series history against lefties Chris Sale and David Price, Roberts will revert to a more orthodox assortment against Porcello. Left-handed-hitting Joc Pederson will lead off instead of Brian Dozier, and fellow lefties Cody Bellinger and Max Muncy could join him along with switch-hitting catcher Yasmani Grandal. The benched quartet included the Dodgers’ top four home-run hitters.Roberts was a member of the 2004 Red Sox, who became the first team to overcome a 3-0 postseason deficit when they beat the New York Yankees in the AL Championship Series. Boston then swept St. Louis for its first title since 1918. Roberts remembered the message of then-Red Sox manager Terry Francona: win tonight.“You can’t win four games in one night,” Roberts said. “So just the focus-on-one-game-at-a-time mentality. I know it’s easier said than done.”